Most Dangerous Intersections in Charlotte
The most dangerous intersections in Charlotte can often be attributed to three issues: the unsafe conditions of the crossroads, the driver’s view being obstructed, and the dangerous driving habits of some motorists. If your accident occurred at one of these intersections, or elsewhere in the city, you should contact a Charlotte car accident lawyer for help. At Randall & Stump, PLLC we have been helping clients fight for the damages they deserve after incurring injuries in a car crash. Call us today at (980) 237-4579, or contact us online to schedule a free consultation of your case.
Charlotte’s Most Dangerous Intersections
Over the years, many different outlets have collected data to help pinpoint the most dangerous intersections in Charlotte, NC. Some analyzed the number of crashes at certain intersections over a certain period of time. Others observed physical issues, such as the lack of stoplights or speedbumps in a given area.
Recent data lists the following as dangerous intersections in Charlotte:
- Harrisburg Road and Cambridge Commons Drive
- East 4th Street and Kings Drive
- 9th Street and North College Street
- 8th Street and North College Street
- Where Interstates 277, 77 and 85 converge
These intersections were called out for the sheer amount of traffic that travels in the areas daily, which often increases the risk of getting into a car accident. Many of these areas also have a large number of pedestrians using the walkways surrounding these intersections. Occasionally, a driver will forget to look out for pedestrians, which puts those traveling on foot at-risk even when they are using properly-marked crosswalks.
North Carolina’s Department of Transportation lists intersections that would benefit from improvements. Such intersections include:
- I-77 (the southbound ramp) and LaSalle
- West Sugar Creek Road and Brownes Ferry Road
- State Route 115 and Huntersville-Concord Road
- South Boulevard, Morehead, and Caldwell
- State Route 160/Steele Creek Road and Erwin Road
Bad Driving Habits Make Dangerous Intersections Worse
Often, intersections are plagued with problems such as poor signage, poor line of sight, lack of stoplights, or rough roads riddled with potholes. However, none of these issues are as dangerous as poor driving habits. When motorists fail to drive safely, they put themselves and everyone else at risk.
Poor driving practices include:
- Aggressive tendencies, such as tailgating, cutting people off, and refusing to allow other cars to merge
- Distracted driving, like texting while driving, changing the radio, plugging directions into the GPS, or diverting your attention off the road to other passengers
- Neglecting or refusing to allow pedestrians to cross safely at intersections
Were You Hurt in One of the Most Dangerous Intersections in Charlotte? Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers for Help Today
Hundreds of accidents occur at Charlotte intersections every year, so your chances of being involved in a car wreck at one of the problem areas listed above may increase every time you travel through one. No matter where your accident occurred, or if you were hurt, you should reach out to a Charlotte car accident lawyer for help. At Randall & Stump, PLLC, we believe your first priority should be your health. While you concentrate on your recovery, let us deal with insurance companies and other aspects of your case. If your accident was caused by a careless driver, we will ensure that they take responsibility for their negligent behavior, and we will fight with the insurance company to get you a proper settlement.